Advertisement

Review OEM LG by Primeco 4681EA2001T Drain Pump Washing Machine

Review OEM LG by Primeco 4681EA2001T Drain Pump Washing Machine - OEM LG by Primeco 4681EA2001T Drain Pump Washing Machine

OEM LG by Primeco 4681EA2001T Drain Pump Washing Machine
As everyone has experienced things "break" at the most inopportune time...for us the washer stopped pumping water when we had a lot of laundry to do for one reason or another.
The washer would not drain so I manually drained it via the lower hose and got the water out. Opened the "filter trap" and it was clean so I put my finger inside and could feel something "moving" that didnt seem right.
After some research on line I determined the water pump was likely the culprit which solidified my hunch...so I ordered one from here and opted for the Askoll brand motor versus some of the other brand(s).
I figured if LG has an issue Id at least have an OEM one since my belief is "copies" typically (sorry to stereotype) arent as good of quality but I know there are some things that belief is false on.
Anyway...I ordered this motor and it arrived as advertised.
The hardest part of replacement was getting the door "gasket" BACK ON with the spring clamp they use...man was that a challenge...talk about trying to do 15 things with 2 hands...wow...I have seen some videos where people lay the washer on its side and take the bottom off...after wrestling with the door gasket spring...If I have to do this again...Im going in through the bottom!
When I did take the old pump off...you see what I had in the images. The impeller had come off and the shaft had "snapped"! The motor was still spinning but the impeller was loose (thats what I had felt with my finger moving around in there!)
Upon reassembly and test run the washer works as it did before...everything is back to normal!
Id recommend taking on this project...it isnt that hard and will save you a bunch of money over calling a repair man...the only thing he or she has on you is that they have the right tool to reinstall that clamp on the door gasket...I know you can buy the tool...but I was cheap and saved the $30 for the tool...in hind sight...it was a struggle but I got it done without the tool but the tool would have made it a whole lot easier!
The pump being $30 versus the local shops in town wanting anywhere from $45-$60 sure made it an economical fix to get the washer back in working order.
This is a perfect replacement drain pump for our LG washer. Unfortunately, they dont last very long. Weve gone through four of these with two different machines as they need replacement about every 2.5 years with heavy use.
Thankfully its a quick and cheap fix, just remove the bottom front panel and the pump (K340) is right there. Go through the bottom front panel (the plastic is clipped on) and dont touch the door!
If you try to remove the front (as I did the first time) and remove the gasket, the clamp assembly is very difficult to get back on properly because its so tight.
I used this in my 10 year old front loading LG steam washer model # WM3001HWAThere are plenty of YouTube videos for directions how to install, mine I had to remove the plate this was bolted down on which no videos show for this model also make sure you know which wires go to where as no videos showed them putting it back together or skipped plugging in the wires, pictures would have helped but I did figure it out.Also might want to clean out hoses or purchase new ones..
I blew ours out as they were clogged which is probably why this failed.If it breaks in 6 months, I at least know where to get the part along with how to replace it!Still cheaper than techs coming out!!
Click Link In Description For More Reviews.

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Thank you for your support.

dishwasher,dish washer,dish,dishes,dish washing,washer,best dishwasher,buy dish washer online,how does dish washer work?,dish washer usage in telugu,how to use dish washer in telugu,water,bosch dishwasher,bosch washer,lg dishwasher,dishwasher review,inside a dishwasher,dish pigs,dishwashers,bosch,how to load dishes in dishwasher,hard water,kitchen,washing,how to use a dishwasher,washing dishes,

Post a Comment

0 Comments